Saturday, June 6, 2009

I got summoned!

Today at 10.30pm, after a nice dinner at Wolly Food Court at Ipoh Garden, I drove my father's company car back to Sri Klebang. We (me, my mother, my aunt and my sister) were having so much fun in the car until we hit Tasek. I was suspicious as I saw the cars all slowed down. With confident, I told them that there was a road block by the police. I saw the policeman swinging his red flashing baton, asking the cars to move along. Suddenly, the officer spotted me and asked me to pull over. That time, my heart was really pounding. I can feel my heart hitting my chest. As the officer move closer to me, I was pale white. Swallowing my saliva, clearing my throat, forcing myself to be calm, I turned down the car window.

"Lesen awak," the policeman ordered.

"Dia masih muda," said my aunt as though nothing is wrong.

"Lesen awak," he repeated.

I drew my license without hesitating and pass it to him.

"Apa masalahnya?" ask my aunt.

"Brek ketiga kereta awak rosak." Then he walked to the back of my car, and asked another policeman to observe. "Tekan brek, tekan brek" he ordered.

So I obeyed, I stepped on the break several times as hard as I can to try to prove my innocence.

"Tekan brek awak lagi. Tengok brek ketiga awak tak berfungsi."

Feeling disappointed, I had to let him do his duty. He paced up and down, using a torchlight to lit my license so that he can copy my particulars on the summon.

Meanwhile, I was terror striken, sitting at the driver's seat, thinking what will happen to me; will my points be demeritted? Will my name be blacklisted? Will my license be suspended? Worst, will my future be ruined? Sitting by my side, my aunt started to comfort me, saying that nothing will happen and that this is not your car. I gave a weak smile and shuddered when those horrible thought haunted me again.

After several minutes, the policeman gave me this, and asked me to pay up on the 10th of August:


After receiving the summon, I drove away without further ado. When I reached home, my dad took the ticket and said, "Don't worry, I will handle it." With a piece at mind, I thought, why not I share this in my blog, and so, I wrote this.

Come to think of it, it's what police are suppose to do? Hmm, so to be optimistic, I can say "Bravo police, you have done your job well."

PS: If so happened you got summoned, you don't have to go to court, all you have to do is just pay up in time.

4 comments:

~pek yee~ said...

wat kinda rubbish is this? "brek ketiga tidak berfungsi" ? = ="" i think they just wanna scare you and take advantage by making u pay.

HeHeHunter said...

They were right actually.

You cannot afford to have your brake lights not functioning. Let's say you brake but the light did not light up, the person at the back might not know that you brake.

I was summoned before for jaywalking.

Flaffy said...

Break ketiga? wat's tat? o.O"

Erin said...

voiii~ POST IT ON FACEBOOK !!!!! :3