Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour!

About an hour and a half ago, I offed all my lights at home to errr.... 'celebrate' Earth Hour. At the beginning, all was well... until i stepped out of my house.

Looking at my neighbors, (left and right) it was almost pitch black. Then I looked across the street, and the old man's house was brightly lit. Looking down the street, lights in the porch was lit at several houses. Disappointing. Then when I entered the house, I notice something was a miss. Oh ya, the house behind mine was also brightly lit. The light cast into my kitchen as though my kitchen light was on too.

*sigh* For some reason I think that this whole program was a failure. What is the point of switching off all lights? How much energy can you save compared to how much we have spent over the years of our life? Ironic. We are destroying in the process of destroying yet we want to conserve.

Absurd isn't it? So maybe just MAYBE this whole Earth Hour thing was indeed a publicity stunt after all.

Or not? ...

No comments: