Saturday, April 11, 2009

First time going to a concert.

Today was my first time going to a concert. Well guess what concert is it?
Hehe, it's David Archuleta promotion concert.
Frankly speaking, I wasn't all that over excited though. Anyway I have to thank Pek Yee for tickets. ^^
The concert was suppose to start at 3pm, so we went there at 2pm. The stadium was packed with people already. In the hot and humid afternoon, typical Malaysia's weather, I was feeling frustrated. Without further ado, we looked for the "best" spot for the show. The crowd was so enthusiastic that they even scream and shout at the top of their lungs when the DJ flash the spot lights.

And so we wait... The sky was starting to get dark.

And wait... It started to pour cats and dogs.

And wait... The stadium is getting packed. People's ugly side are turning in.

Patience... Fanatics are screaming "David~~~" with ear piercing voices.

OMG! When will this thing start?

Finally after 2 miserable hours, the DJ came on stage. At that moment, there was this ray of hope. But to my dismay, some other 'ke-le-fe' sang. =.="
Oh! Not to mention Daniel from Malaysian Idol Season 2 sang, too.

When the DJ finally mention that David was to sing next, the crowd gave the standing ovation. Well of course my vision was blocked so I too have to stand up. Guys and girls alike, starting to scream and shout and yell with all their might. Their voices became so loud and sharp until I had to close my ear.

It was getting annoying and frustrating because I just can't hear David singing anymore. All I heard was girls screaming "I love you, David" and the audience singing along when he is singing.

Here is the footage,



Well, the video is the courtesy of my dear friend, Pek Yee again. Erm, ignore her singing my shocked looking face.
Basically, you cant hear or even see David singing. Sad.

After the whole event, the whole place was filled with rubbish, typical Malaysian culture of littering. When exiting, people actually push and cut line.

Sigh, is that Malaysian culture or is it just me?
Maybe I am being to pessimistic.
Or maybe I am not used to all this sort of activity.
OMG, I think I have self conflict!
Come to think of it, this concert was kinda enjoyable.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You !!! Of all people YOU get to go to David archuleta's concert ?! So unfair !!! T_T

btw If u wanna change ur boring old layout easily , go here http://www.giselejaquenod.com.ar/blog/2007/10/27/birdies-secret-garden-free-xml-blogger-template/

dont need to thank me ... ahaa~