Tuesday, December 29, 2009

One that makes hell breaks loose

I was having a good night sleep after an insomnia on Monday. Tuesday morning... before the cockerel even makes it's wake up call, I was startled by a loud crack at the door of my hostel room. My mind was thinking "Oh God, please... please it's not him... please..." BANG! *click* "Oh boy..." I stretched reluctantly, hoping to give him the sign that I was sleeping soundly... UNTIL U WOKE ME!!!! Damn you! But whatever... I continued my slumber... but not for long, until he started unloading. Then something else came to my mind "The Floor!" OK, hold your horses, "What floor?" you might be thinking.

The story goes like this, in the first semester, before the two idiots came, I cleaned and mop the ENTIRE ROOM myself. Then I went back home during the weekends. To my horror, the moment I step foot back into my room, shoes and slippers where all over the place! Dang! Fine... Then I shall also step in with shoe. But not for long. This time, hehe, I mopped the floor and told my senior room mate (The Other was not here) that I will be mopping the floor and please be bear footed when enter the room.

Ok, old grandma's story over. So I woke up reluctantly from my slumber, pull away my eye patch... oh the shock, shoes on floor. So I told him to leave his shoe behind when entering the room. If he wants to bring in his shoes he can place it under the bed. "OK" was the answer I get, but what happened? HAH!!!! He ignored me! Fish you! Ergh!!! What ever... He started unloading everything. All his belongings that he did not take back to his own country was left behind under the bed. And so, he pulled out his bed sheet and blanket... Guess what? IT STANK THE ENTIRE ROOM! My room mate and I quickly ran out not even saying a word! He went to shower, and I went to brush my teeth.

Oh GOD THE SMELL WAS HORRENDOUS!!!! IT WAS SO FOUL THAT EVEN VAMPIRES WILL RUN!! the moment I reached back my room, I told myself "please let this be a nightmare, I want to go back to the way it was a day ago." *click* I opened the door, the stench gushed out from the very moment the door stood a jar. Tears filled my eyes... thinking "How can this be?"

Oh, the scene was horrible. Even now my towel smells of it... GAG! *sigh* I shall write this down of my most horrible experience ever in Uni. He return to the very room he was staying. He pulled out a plastic bag filled with his bed sheet and blanket. It was the same one he used last semester. He sweats and he never washes it. Great! And now it has been under the bed for 1 month plus, untouched. The moment he pulled out, imagine the smell that gushed out... think of it as a rubbish dump site, sourish, sweaty smell from an obese man who has not showered for 1 month. Hmm... Lovely isn't it? NO! OF COURSE NOT!

So, after my class at 1pm, I reluctantly return to my room. Talking about change of luck! This time there was no electricity! My college was undergoing maintenance. And so when I opened the door, seeing him sleeping to soundly on THAT BEDSHEET WITH THE BLANKET!!!! EEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!

He woke up after that, and so I pretended to tell him that the place smells really awful. My mandarin was terrible and his accent was so heavy... get the picture of awkwardness? Right. And so he said it was his pile of unwashed clothes since LAST SEMESTER. Then he left for shower. No electricity remember? So I opened the room, it still smelled so bad the moment I sat at my desk I could still smell it. Gagged... Ok, this is really bad. I left the room immediately. Even from outside I could still smell the foul odor. I called my mom to ask her for her opinion. She was so kind to wash his things for my sake... Hah! Forget it, I will ask him to wash or send it to the dobi.

Well, he came back, and I have to be really frank because its really that bad. I asked him to wash his bed sheet and blanket. Great, he agreed, BUT HE DID NOT WASH IT PROPERLY!!!! As to why? I don't know. *sigh* He washed it and hanged it out to dry. The weather was promising, sunny and windy, perfect environment to dry things up. He had to leave to get some things and asked for my help to collect it if it were to rain. And so I blindly agreed.

I had class at 5pm, and so I left thinking it won't rain. Ok, how stupid of me, it's raining season! Why didn't I collect it before I left???? After class and attending an AIESEC talk, I went back to my room at 10pm. Before that, seeing water pools on the road, I knew it rained quite heavily. *sigh* Oh great, there's sure to be drama again. True enough, the second I opened the door, my hanging placed was covered with his stinking blanket. Oh yes, MY PLACE WITH HIS FILTHY THINGS! Argh! And he said that he wanted to hang there to dry. He left in a jiffy. OK!!! This is way "better" than I imagined. I just took his blanket and left for the pantry, hanged his thing there and went for my meeting. After the entire meeting, I went back to my room. He entered just a few minutes later. I had to tell him the truth. Oh, I was so desperate to get his things washed at the cleaners that I had to lie that his things were covered in fungus. Well, seeing brown patches on his sheets and all, I had to come up with something, right?

*sigh* Well, I have to be cruel in order to be kind. And what makes me more guilty is that he even gave me a packet of tea he got from his place. According to him, it cost RM35 for that one small packet. Wow... right... so how? What should I do? Continue cleaning the room will be a must no matter what the cost is. This time I will not compromise dirty and smelling environment and I will eradicate all the awful things in my room.

No comments: